- This stunning brooch is rhodium plated and made into the shape of a dragonfly. The brooch is inlayed with stunning Paua shell.
- The Paua Shell. The shellfish (haliotis iris) used by Ariki, although part of the abalone family, is unique to New Zealand's environmentally pure coastal waters. The Paua is renowned throughout the world not only for its beautiful shell.
- As this shell is found in a number of colors, it represents the beauty of life, which is 'change' that we experience every day. It is a common Maori practice to gift paua shells to one another. This shell is known to bring good luck, prosperity, and peace to the wearer.
- The brooch measures approximately 5cm/1.96" in width x 4.2cm/1.65" in height.
- Each brooch comes complete in a velvet gift bag.
Back to Paua Shell Collection